A Plan for Explosive Faith
I’ve lived in LA for about 35 years. I still need the GPS in my car to get to where I actually want to go in LA.
I’ve been a Christian for most of my life. In my opinion, there is a difference between a believer in Jesus and a follower of Jesus. Followers of Jesus need God’s GPS – if you want to get to where you actually need to go.
It’s a new year. The rush and busyness of the holidays are over. People are returning home from their travels. It’s a great time to begin a fresh plan for following Gods leading in your life.
God reveals to us in the Bible that His Word is a light in our life.
Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path. Psalm 119:105 NIV
God reveals to us in the Bible that His Word is like food for our faith, water to our heart and fresh air to our soul. But, sadly, many Christians are not followers of God and His Word – we are instead malnourished, dehydrated and oxygen deprived.
If you will do what others will NOT do you can have what others will never have.
Live this year with explosive faith.
Live this year with great courage, wisdom, faith and power…
Be strong and very courageous. Be careful to obey all the instructions Moses gave you. Do not deviate from them, turning either to the right or to the left. Then you will be successful in everything you do. 8 Study this Book of Instruction continually. Meditate on it day and night so you will be sure to obey everything written in it. Only then will you prosper and succeed in all you do. 9 This is my command—be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:7-9 NLT
I urge you – START TODAY!
The best way to read the Bible is with two different styles at the same time!
One style is not enough. One style alone Does Not Work!
1. Read the Word by inspiration.
When you are looking for answers, when you are looking for wisdom or strength; open God’s Word to see what He has to say to you.
When you feel a nudge in your heart to read a certain verse or passage, open the Bible and see what the Holy Spirit wants to say to you.
2. Read the Word by a Reading Plan.
Pick a plan, any plan – there are hundreds to choose from. You make up your own plan. But listen to me – if you fail to plan, you are planning to fail.
Here are some options:
- The Oasis Church provides a daily Bible reading plan. It is simple and it is designed to help you read through the New Testament in one year. We read one chapter a day Monday through Friday and Saturday and Sunday are days you can either catch up or review. You can find this plan on The City, Oasis Church website, or on the Oasis App or the Philip Wagner App.
- You can read through the entire Bible in a year by going to Biblegateway.com or to YouVersion on the web.
- You can have a study plan if you are taking a class that is assigned. You can create your own study plan by reading everything you can in the Bible about a topic – like faith, prayer or love.
I challenge you to begin today and fill your heart with God’s Word. It will bring healing, life, faith and wisdom.
Enjoy 2013. God’s Word is the greatest book ever written – it’s a spiritual book, it’s full of mysteries and answers.
If you will do what others will not do you can have what others will not have.
What plan are you going to do? Let me know by leaving your comment: