My Cancer Killing Plan
In my last blog, I wrote about how we learned about my cancer diagnosis (The Day I Discovered I Had Cancer) and how it impacted us. Today, I want to tell you about the steps we're taking on our journey.
As we move forward, I realize I’m probably not going to do everything 100% correctly. I’m going to do what I know to do and see what God will do.
The first recommendation to me was for radiation treatments. But wait, that’s on my skull. You know, right next to my brain. I wasn’t too excited about radiation anywhere near my brain. I’m pretty sure I’m going to need my brain to function at full capacity. I already have trouble remembering where my cell phone and car keys are.
For the past 8 weeks, this is what I’ve been doing:
1. I am praying, proclaiming healing scriptures, and reading books that build my faith. I believe God is healing cancer in me, right now. I believe the tumor is shrinking and cancer cells are dying. “By His wounds I am healed.” “Bless the Lord and forget not all His benefits. He forgives all our sins and heals all of our diseases.”
2. I’ve changed my diet dramatically. A friend of mine, Jordan Rubin, is an expert on nutrition and healing. He is helping me organize my regimen. He is the author of many books, including “The Maker’s Diet Revolution.” I’m drinking about 24 ounces of fresh green vegetable juice daily that I blend at home.
3. On the first week I cut out sugar, carbs, processed food and coffee, all on the same day. Whose idea was that? As you could imagine, my system went into shock – lol, and I was a really tired for a couple of weeks. But I’m finding a ‘new normal.’ I have lost 14 pounds that was mostly unnecessary fat that I was carrying around. Holly thinks I’m looking more ‘hot’ now.
4. I’m taking things that are known to help boost the immune system and fight cancer cells. I’m drinking a Chinese ‘mushroom tea’ (Reishi or Ling zhi) that test results have shown significant results in destroying cancer cells. I’m taking Cesium Chloride daily as well as Wobenzym N and other herbs and supplements.
5. I am taking one infrared saunas daily, sometimes two. Sweating helps get rid of toxins in the body. I do about 1 hour at 130 degrees…so I sweat a lot every day.
6. I’m beginning a new exercise program that I’m still developing, that will help build my energy level and improve muscle strength.
7. I am doing a daily regimen in a hyperbaric chamber for at least 1 hour.
8. I’m reading books that help me understand more what cancer is and the most effective ways to beat it.
So far, I have increased energy and it feels like I’m recovering from most of the fatigue. I have more mental clarity and the tumor on my scalp is shrinking.
I’ve gotten frustrated sometimes about how long it takes the doctors to take tests, get answers and make appointments and all that goes with that. I’ve recently been told the doctor wants to do a second biopsy to be more precise in their recommendation of either radiation or a few injections of a cancer-fighting antibody.
At first this annoyed me because that means more time is going by. But then I realized that maybe this is a chance that the doctor may re-test and discover that the cancer is gone and want to ask me, “What have you been doing that has changed your condition?”
That’s what I am believing.
Thank you for all of your prayer and support.
If you want to share some of your journey with cancer, write some brief thoughts in the comment section.